Greenmaster Pro-Lite Cold Start – Trial #2
To determine the effect of spring fertiliser to optimise the quality of golf putting surfaces in the spring.
Objective: To review the performance of various fine turf spring fertilisers applied in very early spring (10th March 2015)
Duration: March 2015 – April 2015
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Field site: The trial was situated on the practice chipping green
Design: Block design, fully randomised with three replications
- The treatments were applied in March before a cold spell of spring weather.
- Strong responses were noted despite the cold early spring weather.
- Clear differences were noted in the response to treatments even though N levels were the same.
- The Greenmaster Pro-Lite Cold Start provoked and sustained a strong colour and quality response through the month after the early March treatment.
- The Greenmaster Pro-Lite Turf Tonic produced stronger results as time passed.
- The potassium nitrate produced a slight NDVI blip early on but did not product any marked result otherwise.
- The untreated turf deteriorated rapidly without any fertiliser treatment.