WEBINAR: Best Practices for Water-Soluble Fertilizers
Explore key evidence-based considerations for choosing and applying the right WSF fertilizer for a variety of production systems and crops.
How do you cost-effectively reduce inputs such as water and fertilizer without sacrificing yield? For many growers, one approach is to adopt precision farming practices, which have driven up the demand for water-soluble fertilizers (WSFs).
This webinar will describe the variability among WSFs and their respective uses for fertigation, drawing upon examples from specialty and row crop markets. The discussion will also address the differences between starter and foliar fertilizers, and how choosing the correct WSF and application method is essential to balancing the nutritional needs of a specific crop.
Listen in as Dr. Jason Haegele and Christi Falen, ICL Growing Solutions agronomists, and David Holden of Holden Research and Consulting share key evidence-based considerations for choosing and applying the right WSF fertilizer for a variety of production systems and crops.
- Key considerations when choosing which WSF to use (solubility, compatibility, water quality parameters + more)
- How to design a fertigation program with WSFs
- Using WSFs as starter fertilizers for improved P-use efficiency
- Incorporating foliar into your program to optimize nutrient delivery at key stages of growth
- Targeting essential nutrients with WSFs to maximize yield and quality
This webinar was hosted with the American Society of Agronomy. Visit ASA to learn more about CEU credits: CCA/CPAg: 1.0 Nutrient Management CPSS/CPSC: 1.0 Professional Meetings