Greenmaster Pro-Lite Cold Start – Trial #3
To determine the effect of spring fertiliser to optimise the quality of golf putting surfaces in the spring.
Objective: To determine the level of recovery through early season top dressing using various different spring fertilisers
Duration: April 2016 – June 2016
Location: Harrogate, West Yorkshire
Field site: The turf was an established annual meadow-grass dominated sward growing on a sand based root zone.
- The treatments were applied in March before a cold spell of spring weather.
- Strong responses were noted despite the cold early spring weather.
- Clear differences were noted in the response to treatments even though N levels were the same.
- The Greenmaster Pro-Lite Cold Start provoked and sustained a strong colour and quality response through the month after the early March treatment.
- The Greenmaster Pro-Lite Turf Tonic produced stronger results as time passed.
- The potassium nitrate produced a slight NDVI blip early on but did not product any marked result otherwise.
- The untreated turf deteriorated rapidly without any fertiliser treatment.